Hover DNS Configs for Heroku Apps
If you register a domain from Hover.com, it is easy to point that domain at a Heroku app.
Let's pretend I registered
example.com for this example.
- Go to https://www.hover.com/domains
- Hover over your domain and click "Edit"
- you should be taken to the domain page and that page should have tabs. You should be on the "Domain Details" tab
- forward this domain to http://
www.example.com. Click "Edit" and forward the domain. You don't need to check the "Enable stealth redirection" checkbox.
- Click on the "DNS" tab
- Click "Add New" button - specify "www" as the hostname. Specify "CNAME" for the Record Type, and "Value" should be the name of your Heroku App, like appname.herokuapp.com
Go to your App's settings page. Under the "Domains" section, click the "Add Domain" button, and specify
www.example.com. The DNS Target defaults to your app's URL.
Test & Verify
The result is that visiting example.com will forward to www.example.com, which will be properly pointed at your Heroku App appname.herokuapp.com.