Website Design Process
An Afomi Project Plan includes the following Site Documentation:
- Content Inventory - List all possible content to be included on the project. Example: items: forms, data. Be sure to consider business processes.
- Concept Model - Visual Diagram of System, possibly in UML notation
- System Features - Text: list and narrative
- Programming - Activity: This should be a formality. A precise transcription from what is already determined in the Concept Model.
- Class listing
- Define their relationships (design in UML based on the Concept Model)
- Technology Management
- Operating System
- Web application framework (libraries and specs)
- Website design
- Site map and Navigation - Visual representation of high-level Site Organization and Content Finding mechanisms.
- Flowcharts - Visual representations of:
- A sequence of pages
- A sequence of user interactions
- A sequence of page interactions
- Screen designs - Precise Visual Representations of what will be on screen
- UI design should be a formality. UI's should be a precise transcription from what is already determined in the Screen Design.
- Task List - timeframes optional if the project is open-ended
Plan Document Execute Plan
And always communicate.
Business Strategy Exercises
- Personas - the potential types of users. New User, experiences, infrequent, gender, demographic, etc.
- Usability Testing - Activity and Report
- Competitive Analysis - Research and Report
- Project Documentation
- Professional Support Services